Medstaff is recruiting a Locum Tenens Gastroenterologist in Urbana, IL. We’re providing travel, housing, and medical malpractice, as well as competitive compensation. If you are interested, please give us a call at 800-476-3275 or email us at Recruiter@MedstaffLT.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Opening: Gastroenterologist
- Start date: Approximately March/April 2019
- Length: Minimal 3-month commitment, could be ongoing
- Location: Urbana, IL
- Hours: 24 hour call coverage will be 1:4 – equivalent to two weeks on Monday AM through Monday AM, and 6 weeks off. The clinic schedule is Monday to Sunday 7 am to 5 pm.
- Details: The provider will handle inpatient/hospital consults (up to 40 in service and with about 11 consults per day) and rotations with nightly call. The patients are all adult and geriatric patients. The overnight and weekend procedures and transfer calls average 10-11 procedures per weekend. Not primary admitting. After hours transfer calls, procedural sedation and upper/lower endoscopy required. Monday to Friday supported by partner that manages inpatient procedures needs 7 am to 5 pm. Weekend full inpatient service as above and in addition to managing inpatient procedure needs.
- Credentials: Must be Board Certified in Gastroenterology or truly BE, less than 2 years after successfully completing the training. Requires Illinois license, DEA, ACLS and Sedation certification.
- Benefits: Travel, housing, and medical malpractice provided by Lloyds of London